Monday, July 11, 2011

in living color.


After a pleasant and la-di-da Sunday spent eating out and exploring Valley Forge National Park with Christopher, the week seems to be getting off to a busy start.  Busy, that is, compared to my normal schedule.  I have three new piano students starting lessons this week and, as it's been a few months since I've had any new students, I find myself with lots of anxious feelings this morning.  As I spent my morning hours preparing, photo-copying sheets and trying to organize my thoughts and ideas on what constitutes a "good" first lesson, I feel those same anxious feelings that I always have when I'm preparing to meet new people.  People are always such a mystery.  How am I supposed to prepare materials for a piano lesson when I don't even know who the person is yet?  This is always a conundrum for me.

Anyway, we had a great Sunday afternoon yesterday.  These photos aren't from yesterday, but rather from recent explorations.  The first one is an "outtake" from a recent photo shoot I did for Cuddle Magic, who has a new (AMAZING) album coming out in a few months.  The second photo is from the street behind our house, which always seems to have interesting little things to take photos of.  It's where I took this photo in the fall.  And I have a few more from this very street to share with you sometime soon.


I have another kitty blog post in the works for tomorrow.  The excessive kitty posts will be coming to a sort-of close over these next few weeks as we begin to say our good-byes and pass them on to their new homes.  As a courtesy, and as a means of avoiding two kitty posts in a row, I thought I'd throw this post in the midst of it.  I was trying to come up with a recipe post for today instead, but since we ate out twice yesterday (gasp!) there weren't any recipes or food photos to share.... ha!

Well, here's hoping that everyone has nice week ahead.  Thanks for your patience with this assortment of thoughts I've shared with you today.