Thursday, September 19, 2013

Good days.


I haven't posted in a while.  

It's not that I haven't had any thoughts or potentially interesting things to say--I probably did at one point or another.  

But sometimes it just feels better to remain quiet.  

To listen.  To watch.  To learn.

I walk by this window almost everyday on my way to work.  Half the time, it's empty.  The other half, there's this beautiful gray kitty lounging there, taking a nap on the sill.  I've walked by this kitty so many times, but I've never been able to communicate with him (or her) directly.  He's inside.  

I'm outside.

So I just wave sometimes (as if he'll wave back).  Or I give him a little nod of acknowledgement (as if he even cares).  Other times, I just stop and stare to admire his cat-ness for a minute or two before I continue on my way.

Sometimes it just feels better to remain silent.  

To carry things close at heart.  

To let those thoughts and truths stew around for a while before putting them on the table.



No comments: