Monday, October 1, 2012

prayer for healing.



Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved; for you are my praise.
(Jeremiah 17:14)

Heavenly Father, I thank you for the life that you have so graciously given me and for the love that has surrounded me throughout this life.  I stand amazed at your creations and your goodness.  I am grateful for every good thing, big and small.  I am grateful for each hurdle that I've experienced in life because I know that great learning comes from difficult situations.  I am so thankful to know that I am not alone in this time of suffering.  Not only do I have a loving husband, who has taken such wonderful care of me, and family & friends who have reached out to me with such compassion and warmth--but I have a God who also knows suffering firsthand.  I have a God who willingly put himself through hell to save me and everyone who might believe in Him. Truly I am not alone in my suffering.  Truly I can live through the pain and humiliation that are upon me.
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.
(Deuteronomy 7:9)