Thursday, January 23, 2014

#thriftscorethursday

Just a quick "thank you" to everyone who has emailed me and sent their prayers in response to my last post.  Today, oddly & unexpectedly, just happens to be a really great day for me.... so I wanted to post something here!

I want to send you over to my friend Megan's blog to witness the start of #thriftscorethursday.  Megan & I met in music school and now she runs this really awesome blog called Rental Revival.  She's a DIY-er and thrifter (which basically means that she's awesome) and it's been really fun to watch all of her projects and home decorating!

I decided to participate by posting my own "thrift score"....


It's an old road sign (a "median" sign, I suppose) that I bought in Columbus, OH almost 6 years ago. It was the summer of 2008 and I was killing some time the day after my good friends Katelyn & Rob got married.  I ended up finding this perfect specimen of an art piece.  It's been hanging over our bed for the past 5 years (it hung in my bedroom at my parents house for a year before getting married).  Since Christopher & I  just moved to a new house a few weeks ago, it's currently looking for a new place to hang.  In the meantime, it's quite stunning sitting against the exposed brick.

If you're a fellow thrifter or have some awesome thrift scores, join the #thriftscorethursday hashtag party by posting your own pictures every Thursday!  Let it be known to the world that this is the first time EVER that I've used a hashtag.  Seriously.  Only thrifting and home decorating can bring me out of my hashtag shell.


No comments: