Christopher bought this Carrot & Cumin Salad from Milk & Honey at the beginning of the week and we enjoyed it so much that we felt the need to duplicate it (based off the ingredients list). Christopher's first attempt was super successful, and so we made it yet again last night for guests, but with a few additions.
Here's what Christopher came up with.....
Cilantro & Cumin Carrot Salad
(serves approx. 6 as a side dish)
- 1 bag of Carrots
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1 tsp Stone Ground mustard
- zest & juice from 1 Lemon
- juice from 1 Orange
- 2 tsp Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 10 chives (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Roughly chop carrots into quarters and put into blender or food processor.
2. After pulsing carrots for a few seconds (don't blend too long or they'll become too juicy!), remove from blender and put into large mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the remainder of ingredients by hand.
And one random photo of my new "petite mug" from Second Mile Thrift, hehehe....
It's the perfect size for my morning coffee!