Thursday, March 3, 2011

a bit about food.

{or an Ode to Spring}


Personally, a change in weather could really do me some good, how about you?

In February, we had a handful of beautiful days.  Days that caused me to believe that Spring was here early and would stay for more than just the weekend.  I'd washed the sheets, cleaned the tub and made extra room in the dresser drawers for Spring to unpack its bags and make itself at home.

Well, it seems I was fooled.  It's not here to stay quite yet.

On days like today, when it's cold and Christopher's not around, all I can really muster the energy to cook is the simple stuff.  Like bacon.  And hard-boiled eggs.  You know, stuff that's warm and tasty but you don't have to spend a lot of time messing around with in the kitchen.


Instead of cooking something fresh and new for myself, what do I do?  I pull out the most basic items in the refrigerator, stick them in a pot, set the timer, and run back into the living room where I throw the nearest blanket over myself whilst shivering. And then I sit waiting very impatiently for the food to finish doing it's thing.

Okay, so I got up a few times to flip the bacon.  But that's hardly worth mentioning.

Spring, when are you coming back?!  When you dropped in for a few days, I kicked Winter out.  But now you're gone and Winter's back at my doorstep!