Thursday, March 17, 2011

Grain-Free Granola Bars

With the changing of the seasons fast approaching, I think we're all starting to crave those light and healthy snacks that just wouldn't "do it" for us during the winter.  With bulbs bursting from every garden bed and warmer days ahead of us, how about we start making some granola?  It's seriously the perfect snack for carrying around in your backpack on day trips, bike rides or long car trips.  This recipe for Grain-Free Granola Bars from Joyful Abode is so great and helpful that I just wanted to share the link and lead you straight to the source.

It's super easy and she has very helpful step-by-step photos.  We've made them twice now and the only modification I made the second time was to use less honey than she called for.  I used approximately a 1/4 cup of honey this time and it was perfect.  I would actually prefer even less "sweetness", but I wanted to make sure that the granola still stuck together.

Try it!  You'll love it.