Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rosemary & Lavender Almond Meal Biscuits.


Before I say anything, let me just say that these are super tasty.  Who can go wrong with rosemary and lavender?

I found this recipe a few months ago and made them a couple times, as is, before making some of my own adaptations.  When I just happened to see lavender at the farmers market last weekend, I knew right away that these biscuits needed it. And later on, as I reached in the cupboard for the Grape Seed oil, my hand went straight for the Walnut Oil, instead.  So I decided to go halfsies on the oils and use both.  Tell me, is there any oil--in all of existence--that tastes better than Walnut Oil?  Oh, please.

If you plan on making a batch of these for yourself, I suggest also perusing the link above.  She has an excellent recipe for Clementine Marmalade that perfectly compliments these yummies.

Without further ado.....



Rosemary & Lavender Almond Meal Biscuits

makes 4 larger or 6 smaller biscuits


2 1/2 cups almond flour, plus 1/3 cup for dusting the dough
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 cup grape seed oil
1/8 cup walnut oil
2 eggs
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
1/4 tbsp lavender
1/2 cup water (for adding moisture to the dough mixture, if needed)




Directions: Combine almond flour (2 1/2 cups), salt, rosemary, lavender and baking soda in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the oils, eggs and honey. Mix your bowl of wet ingredients into your bowl of dry ingredients until a nice dough forms. If dough seems too dry and clumpy, add extra water (1 tbsp at a time) as needed.

Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper, sprinkling extra flour to avoid sticking. For larger biscuits roll dough to about 1 inch thick and cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or the mouth of a mason jar. For smaller biscuits roll dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Shape dough biscuits, by pinching the sides a little to give them a nice curvy shape.

Place biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake on 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.


Enjoy!!